About Me

My photo
I wont believe it till I see it. Now I'm seeing it and I cant believe it.

5.17.2011

Paleo diet

My story in a nut shell.

  • I have never been ultra skinny so I called myself big boned.
  • Working in a corporate environment, my weight has been steadily increasing.
  • Tried the diets, pills, gyms, p90x and nothing has ever helped me, not even a single pound of weight loss.
  • The only thing that has ever worked for me was Weight Watchers, helping me lose about 13 pounds and it took almost a year. After stopping due to $$ situations and surgery, I am almost back to square one.

*a disclaimer, I THINK I have been eating an ok diet... one piece of eggo in the AM, salad of sandwich for lunch (restaurant), then dinner would be a small portion of rice, vegetables and some kind of a protein that I make. This is how it has always been for health reasons, not really for losing weight.

Recently tried replacing breakfast with smoothies made with light soy milk, greek yogurt and fresh berries... 4 weeks and I have been less tired and feeling good but my clothes have been feeling tighter and tighter. Hmm...

Something I stumbled upon was the Paleo diet. I have never been able to eat a strict diet... but this seems like something I can follow and adjust my life around. (with some edits of course!!)

I am only sharing my experiences, not really trying to teach anything to anyone, but hoping I can get some feedback. (Because I still do not know much about what I am doing.) I do have a great source who has been helping me and I'd like to thank Sophia. YOU RULE!!!!

Day one:
BREAKFAST: 2 egg whites 1 yolk in butter (~100cal)
(none of the usually starving feeling)
LUNCH: Marie Calendars Salad Bar. (160~180 cal)
              Field greens, ground meat, egg whites, onions, corn with tomato basil dressing.
              *according to Sophia I need to try a different dressing like ranch. But I hate ranch
              ** i said no to the garlic bread and corn bread... now that was TOUGH!!!
(no feeling of hunger)
DINNER: 6 oz Salmon grilled with butter, garlic powder and parsley and side of mixed veggies (~342cal)
SNACKS: few pieces of almonds for (~8cal each ~300cal)
                 skinny cow ice cream - ok i cheated but i threw the rest out this AM!!! (~100cal)

EXERCISE: Brisk walking for 40 min and some sit ups. According to the machine I did 140cal worth.

According to my BFF "Lost it" APP (on my iPhone that calculates all the calories for me), I consumed about 1001 cal yesterday and worked off 140 of it.

Today may be harder since I am not sure where I am going for lunch. You may wonder why I dont bring my lunch to work... I had bigger issues to worry about and I really need to get out.
                


1 comment:

  1. Still like the app I told you about more. It's aore detailed app but if you're happy with the one you're using stay with it. I wish you luck in this! Also posting on here is quite difficult which makes me never want to post.

    ReplyDelete