About Me

My photo
I wont believe it till I see it. Now I'm seeing it and I cant believe it.

5.19.2011

Paleo Day 4

Cravings? What cravings? Oh... THOSE cravings... yes, is it the carb withdraw that I heard so much about? Slight headache (which is normal for me but doesn't hurt as bad as usual?), fighting a sweet tooth, but still pretty full. 

For dinner yesterday we went to Boiling Point. Boiling Point, for those of you who have never been, is a place where they serve you individual pots of Chinese Hot Pot above a flame. For those of you who dont know what hot pot is... it is basically vegetables and meat in hot flavored soup. If you still have no clue, please ask my BFF Google.

Going to Boiling Point was the first struggle I had so far. It is hard to categorize some of the ingredients in Chinese food when I don't even know what I am eating. I knew I couldn't eat rice, but how about glass noodle? It is not made of flour... what the heck is it made out of??? I wasn't sure so I only ate a couple of bites. maybe 1/10 of a cup. I knew I could not eat Tofu because it is made of soy, so that mean no to bean curd, which is my favorite. I ate all of the pork, egg whites and kimchi (I chose the Kimchi Pot) and that was it. Pretty satisfying but with rice it would have been much more fun. 



Exercise for Day 3 consisted of 77 minutes of brisk walking and briefly jogging while watching American Idol. The machine said I burned about 275 cal. Followed that with some sit ups but could never do more than 30 at a time. x2.5 = 100. 

 Total calories consumed yesterday was approximately 985. Total carb approximately 29g

- - - - - - - - - - - - 
Day 4
This morning I woke up feeling full so I had one egg.
Had some cravings so I ate a little more than a handful of almonds.
Wasnt sure what I was going to do for lunch but a coworker and I went to a teriyaki spot called WaBa Grill that I've never been to. It says no MSG + etc so why not. I am not a fan of teriyaki... but I didn't know what else to eat so I tried the chicken teriyaki with no rice, just vegetables. They charged me a few cents extra, WHATEVER!!! The whole thing was surprisingly good... I think I like the teriyaki with vegetables MUCH better than with rice! Finished 3/4 of it and was a happy camper. 




Plan for tonight is to make some pork chops paleo style then walking while American Idol is on. Please wish me luck.  :)


*** still dont know if this is all working. too soon to tell? i am in denial and have not weighed myself for months!

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You'll meet your goal in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to give it atleast a week. In your case maybe 2-3 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also keep in mind to lose 1lb it takes 3.5k-4k calories below you caloric maintenance level

    ReplyDelete
  4. russ, so if i sit 30 hrs a week, i should be ok right? LOL. if i'm suppose to be consuming 1400-1600 cal a day and i'm having less than 1000, i should be ok?

    ReplyDelete