About Me

My photo
I wont believe it till I see it. Now I'm seeing it and I cant believe it.

5.23.2011

Paleo Day 6 - 8 : feeling awful... then time for weigh in...

Today is my 6th day on Paleo, I guess it would be the 4th as a strictly Paleo since I cheated and have a little carb on the first couple of days. 

 The book that was recommended to me by Sophia came in the mail yesterday. After reading Storm, I will start on it. :)



Wanted to share with you my little discovery (with the help of Russ). If you read my previous post, I have been feeling weak and had no desire to walk again yesterday. I was going to have dinner on my own so I decided to pick up El Pollo Loco. (With great difficulty because I was VERY tempted to try their sweet potato fries. I am so bad with temptations that I usually just avoid getting near these places. Like a crack whore at a crack house...) I ordered their 2 piece combo, breast and wing, 2 sides of vegetables, no tortillas (=no temptations) and no sweet potato fries (told myself that would be my reward after a month!). 



Got home and finished almost all of it with some pico de gallo salsa. The whole thing was 390 cal. After a while I had a burst of energy. It was very weird... I got up and went on the treadmill without once feeling tired. I was on the machine for a little over an hour, upped my speed as much as I felt comfortable. The machine said I did 270 cal worth. Was able to do 40 sit ups at a time rather than my usualy 30. I did about 120 in total. 

After my little work out, my cravings came back... Didn't know what to do so I had a few bites of my watermelon and walla! I was a happy camper once again.

Total calories consumed on friday, ~953 cal. 61 g carb. 15g fiber. 13 sugar.
I am still unsure what to do with these numbers... I really need to jot down what the average consumption is for Paleo-ers.... 


Day 6. - cravings, cravings, cravings

eeek... 
7:00 am woke up full but wanting something sweet. 
Drink some water, make some breakfast... I told myself.
10:00 am With two strips of bacon chopped (no nitrates) and red onions, 2 egg whites. (Worried about cholesterol) I am still full and it is almost 4:00... but I am still having craving issues. I read about 10 different forums in hopes that someone will have a secret ice cream recipe or something to share... but no luck. And honestly, I do not want to ruin my new start because of a stupid craving. Definitely not during my first two weeks! No fruits, no chocolate, no dairy, no carbs, for now. 

5:30 pm - dinner was pretty bad. Church's chicken (AH!!) looked at the nutritional info and saw that the breast had the lowest calories (300~) and lowest fat content... so I had a breast. 30 min later I started feeling funky. A few minutes later, I was nauseated, and it all came out.  I guess this is what they were warning me about... though it has only been 6 days, my body is already used to the better foods. 

Squeezed in 30 minutes of walking for 170 cal


10:00 pm - had wine while playing poker

Total consumed Day 6: 651 cal, 49g carb, 6g fiber, 40 g protein




Day 7: not feeling so great but better


I woke up late feeling weird, as if I drank too much (which I didnt, I promise!)
Lunch: We went to a chinese cafe for lunch... I just ordered the most simple thing I could find, salmon with pork chops and chinese broccoli on the side. Who knew the pork chops would be fried?? Had the whole salmon and 1/5 of the scraped off pork chops. (542 cal)


Dinner: I made ground turkey with green peppers, onions, and cilantro. After I cut up the peppers, I realized I should have made meat stuffed peppers... since I had nothing to replace rice with. I should have bought some cabbage to wrap it with... Had that with left over chinese broccoli and it wasnt so bad. (225 cal)



Exercise: I had loads of energy for some reason. did 70 min for 352 cal.


Total for Day 7 - 802 cal, 23g carbs, 5g fiber, 77g protein


Note: skin has been dry and scabs are not healing as well. I need to drink more water and need to restart taking multivitamins.





Day 8 aka ONE WEEK!: The scary weigh in...

I didn't want to but I did... weighed myself at work.
*drum roll please*
Lost 3 lbs... seriously??? WOW I had no idea I could do it... I was hoping for 1 lb... but 3, I weighed myself three times just to make sure. I am so motivated, more than ever. 



1 comment: